Sunday, May 17, 2015

I'm Back (kind of) Part 1

Hello people of the internet. I have been gone for a long time. In all honesty I forgot I had a blog. Sorry. I think that I began growing out of writing about boys and my insecurities and so subconsciously I just stopped. I've read and re read some of my posts, and I feel like I am a completely different person now.
I graduated from high school in May, and since then I think there has been a lot of self growth, beginning two days after my graduation. I boarded a plane to see my mom's mom for the last time. Witnessing my mom heartbroken and scared made me want to mature and forgive my mom for not always doing things perfectly for me. The visit showed me that my mom was very much human, and that she is still her mom's daughter. She spent the summer with her mother helping her through her last days, and I learned to become a support system for her. At the end of summer, my grandma passed away. Again, I flew down to be there for my mom again. Through it all I got so many lessons in humility. I have a quote by C.S. Lewis written down in my journal that says something like "Humility is not thinking less of yourself. It is thinking of yourself less." I have had a lot of lessons in humility... I'm still learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment