Sunday, April 14, 2013

in which my title has nothing to do with the post


Most people here in rural Alaska (small towns and villages) have their cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents and second cousins around for all sorts of get-togethers, or are a short flight away from each other.
Everyone is so close to one another, and they always have stories and wisdom from their grandparents. My family's the same way, except I'm thousands of miles away. Tickets don't come cheap, so I usually see all my extended family once a year, if that. It's tough because other that my parents and siblings and I, everyone else is pretty close to one another in Oregon and Washington, making it easy to have Christmas/Thanksgiving/Easter get-togethers.
I feel a little cheated from my family because of missing all of that and seeing lots of pictures on Facebook. As I've gotten older, my grandparents seem even more fragile, even more shaky and even more old. They're in their 80's, and it's hard not to think about how little time they have left.

Now I'm sad and I can't even end this post properly, so I'll... just. Go now.
Okay?

Okay, maybe I'll leave you with a joke or something, so I'm not a total downer.




1 comment:

  1. Need advice on boys? Check out my blog!!! :) http://agirlsguidetogetyourguy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete