Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Failure is success if we learn from it. -Malcolm Forbes

Okay so here you go future self: my day, yesterday, February 27th.
So I got up at 6:50-7:00-ish and got all my crap together and finally convinced my mom to take me to the school instead of making me talk the bus... Weeeeeell, the night before it had been blowing snow and such, so we had hard crusted snowdrifts, which I didn't think would be too bad... Man was I ever wrong! Mom drove the car about halfway through it and got us stuck... We tried for about 10 minutes to dig it out and such, but I was already late, so we walked over and used her work car.
I thankfully arrived with a few minutes to spare. The first round we did pretty well, but I was SO tense the entire time! We only missed two questions out of 64. We got a lunch break and such after about 2 hours of battling and found out we made it to round 2. It was pretty awesome because I know two other people battling for other teams that we were with.  Round two went awesome too, and we got the same score as the first round, putting us in 3rd place. After that second round, we were all pretty frazzled after answering 128 questions, but we made it to the 3rd and final round. The third round was BRUTAL. We missed 5 out 16 questions. We were all fried, but we got 4th place! Which is pretty much the best my town has ever done.
RIGHT after I got home, I headed over for a four and a half hour period of babysitting a four year old and a one year old.
I was tired, and my legs hurt from being so tense and my knees were swollen. But it was a good day!
Off to rotate laundry and start packing for my 12 day trip! :D

-Rosa☀

P.S... 2 more days!


No comments:

Post a Comment