Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Growing up, I wanted desperately to please, to be a good girl. -Claire Danes

So yesterday, my mother said something that just about sums up everyone's expectations for me...
"[my brother, who has dyslexia] did that good, so you need to do better, because you don't have it as hard as him"
Great. What, me? Under pressure? No.
I'm just the youngest of 5 other siblings who have all pretty much succeeded: One is engaged, has a steady job and is living on his own. One is going to PRE MED, one is majoring is broadcasting and just made the deans list. One works SO HARD for EVERYTHING he has, and has lots of money saved up for his time in college.
Seriously? What more do I have to live up to?!
Oh yeah, my coaches my SUPER high expectations too, as well as my teams and friends and family members.
I supposed I have a fear of failing, which is why I don't like to try new things in front of other people.
everyone thinks everything comes easy for me, which is bulls***. School is hard for me to understand and I ALWAYS work hard when I work out. Which is why I like going places where no one know the rest of my family, so they don't make assumptions of "how I am" and who I am. I can just go and be Rosa. Not one of my older siblings little sister, but just me.

P.S. T minus nine days!

No comments:

Post a Comment