Thursday, September 6, 2012

I need some more outside culture.

So I travel tomorrow for running. I am excited.
I am also proud of myself, because I have been making a honest effort to look nice every day of the week. I don't want to jump the gun a bit, but I feel like my fashion sense has increased quite a bit.
I like to look nice. It gives me confidence, even though I'm  always checking myself for anything embarrassing. But really, is it so bad to be self aware?

So I have been perusing blogs from all over the wold today (Believe me, I don''t get too much outside culture in my town of 3,500 people.) I stumbled upon this on post that was so totally honest. It went something like:
"Guys these days.  They can be awesome, cute, sweet, kind, emotional, truthful, considerate, and respectful.  Really? haha  Somewhere... in each one, there are these amazing qualities just waiting to come out.  The problem is, right now, their dream girl is Katy Perry or some Victoria Secret model.  Their favorite artist is Lil Wayne and Wiz Khalifa. They’ve stopped looking at us as sweet girls that just want a real relationship based on trust and respect (haha did you just laugh?).  We girls, at some point, felt like we had to live up to Katy Perry, or sprout angel wings to get their attention.  I think this is why some girls, who are reallycool people, change themselves, get with guys, or dress and act like their easy.

My dad told me that when he was in school, guys only acted like that because they wanted to be cool.. so they could get the girls.  Posters in their rooms, talking like pervs, disrespecting girls, and getting with anyone that would put out.  He said what all the guys really wanted (but couldn't say it) was a relationship, and they wanted a relationship with the girls in school that were the hardest to get, because they had high standards and self-respect.  Interesting huh?  You mean girls act and look easy because they think guys want that?  And guys act like pervs to be cool, but really want a respectable girl?"

I can totally relate and see where she was coming from.

I'm am sorry, most of my posts these days are about guys.
But that's what's been on my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment